Thursday, January 24, 2013

OOpsy!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have posted comments and sent me emails. Unfortunately, I have accidentally deleted all of your comments and can't seem to figure out how to get them back! I am still working on this but am not sure if I can do it or not.

Also, I would like to welcome my new readers from Germany. Welcome!

I am still working on the St. Distaff's Day post but it should be done next week some time. I hope you all like it. I think some of you may be a bit surprised with what I have uncovered.

US 10 Knitters Stitch Markers

Meanwhile, here are some of my stitch markers that I make and sell on Etsy. They are glass beads and silver wire. I found I really enjoy working with the beads! I was surprised.


US 10 Knitter's Stitch markers

In blue glass beads.

Crocheter's Stitch markers

These are also of glass beads but with a lobster clasp for crocheting and little brass bells on the ends!


And of course, a little something just because.

Thank you for stopping by.
~Vickie


9 comments:

  1. Vickie, it is always a treat to read your updates and current activities at the Spinners Cottage. Keep them coming and spring will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and your words of encouragement.
      ~Vickie

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vickie, looks like winter just doesn't want to let it's grip go here in Ohio. So, I was thinking that maybe you could give us wana be gardeners some tips for our flowers and plants. They are soon to wake up, and start to share their wonderful colors for another season. A very good friend of mine gave me a beautiful yellow rose bush. Do you know if, or how far I should trim back last years stems? Spring has sprung. At least according to the calender. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, winter has surprised us once again hasn't it? Hey, you know what they say....if you live in Ohio, you can start the day warm and sunny and end it in a snow flurry! You have a very nice friend to give you such a rose. If I remember correctly, you are to cut 1/3 off the stems of roses. Readers, please correct me if I am wrong. I would hate for this dear reader to hurt his rose which obviously means a great deal.
    Hapy Easter.
    ~Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie, thank you so much for the info. I will trim back one third of the old stems. I can not wait to see and smell those wonderful, pretty roses again this year.

      Delete