Sunday, July 6, 2014

Facebook, Growing and Some Summer Love.....


Lovely flowers from my aunt, out of her garden.
 
For years, I’ve avoided joining Facebook. I simply didn’t understand the reasoning behind it and had no interest. Recently, however, I decided it may be a good platform to promote The Spinner’s Cottage and connect with other local fiber enthusiasts.


I set up my page but didn’t get back to it too often. Two weeks later, after not being too attentive to the forum, I began to run into old friends.  It started to become fun catching up with old school mates whom I’ve not seen nor heard from in over 30 years. It seems like a lifetime ago that we were all together in school and now we are "familiar strangers" meeting up in this very active website. Some people post photos from when we were teens that have triggered memories that I have long since pushed to the back of my mind.

Since graduation, we have all walked our own paths. Gone our own way and scattered across the country.  We have dealt with our own demons, lived in our own hells, and achieved our own dreams.
 
In catching up with some, I find that our paths were very similar at times. We’ve all had ups and downs, yet we all trod forward, moving through time that is too precious to waste. Yes, we’ve learned much since those adolescent years when life was fresh and hopes were what drove us. I had forgotten how much fun I had with some of these people.
 
 

I, like my classmates, have lived a whole life since then. I’ve grown in ways I had never imagined. Experienced things I would rather not have, and have been fortunate enough to hold in my hands, true happiness. And while I have come through the ashes a little scarred, a bit scared and a whole lot changed, I realize, that these things are what have made me into the person I am today. When I look back at the girl I was back in school, I can truly say that I am a much better person today. I am better despite, and because of my experiences, both good and bad and while I would surely erase certain events in my life, I know I cannot turn back the hands of time.
 

So I will simply enjoy the summer love that Mother Nature offers up every year to remind us of how fragile and beautiful life is.

Until next time,
~Vickie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment