Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Winds of Change.....

Dear Readers,

I know it's been a very long time since I've posted, but I have been around, just very busy.
Even if it doesn't appear so, I do read each and every one of your comments and emails and I very much appreciate them.





Summer is fast approaching and, of course, I am no where near ready for it. Spring has been proving to be lovely weather, yes including all of the rain we've had, but the first sign of spring is more of a starting pistol for the race ahead. The race with the work, that is!

Weeds are growing....well, like weeds, and I am already behind. The "To Do" list is endless and I fear I will never be able to complete it before the winter winds begin to howl once again.
I spend about 4-5 hours on the lawnmower each time I cut grass and this gives me a lot of time for clearing my head, reflecting, and thinking of plans for the future.
Last week, while I was mowing, I reflected on the changes in my life and how those changes have shaped who I am today.



At times, The Winds of Change have knocked me flat out, while other times it has gently caressed my cheek as if to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Either way change can be hard, and yet sometimes it can be enlightening and positive.
So, last week, as I was mowing and reflecting, I started to see clearly, the path I now must venture along. A new horizon if you will.
Some of you have known me for many years in real life, and others of you just know me from this blog.
I love the magic of the dyepot, the splendor of blending fibers on the carder/hackle and the sweet serenity of spinning yarn.
But it's not enough to make a living at yet and I need to do so. I have had many jobs in my lifetime, but it has been, writing that has called me home time and time again.
The winds of change that knocked me flat out 5 years ago, tickled my feet a year later when I discovered spinning and tried to blow me over when I lost my job just over a year ago. Instead, I enrolled myself as a full time college student in order to learn more about business and webdesign.  I have spent the past few weeks looking into the possibilities of returning to writing/photography.
I'm not sure where I'll land as far as work goes, but be assured, the fiber will not suffer because of it. The fiber is my future.
Now, this very long and tedious post leads me to a point about this blog. I have resisted allowing ads on this blog because I wanted to keep it beautiful and enjoyable. I have been cornered into trying ads though, at least for a while. I hope you don't mind and they should be geared toward craft/fiber/gardening things, hopefully. I will do my best to keep them discreet, yet I do hope you will patronize these advertisers if they are of interest to you.



I will also, for the time being, be writing more about many crafts here at The Spinner's Cottage. In the future, I may be moving to a completely different blog for those purposes, but in the meantime, I am making this the new home for all things craft/home/garden. I'm not sure where these particular winds of change will land me, but I am hoping I enjoy this ride!

I started this afghan in 1976. It has been reworked no less than 3 times but I finally finished it this year!

Thank you for taking time out of your precious day to spend here at The Spinner's Cottage.
~Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment