Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rooftops, Holidays and a Passel of Kittens!

     Hello Everyone and Happy Holidays. I hope your Christmas brought you loads of joy.
     I must first start off by apologizing to all of you for not posting in such a very long time. I see it was August when you last heard from me. Did you think I fell off the face of the Earth? Well, not quite but let me give you the quick update on what's been happening.
     Between eye surgery (mom's), injured animals and two weekends of the Bag Lady Tour, the spring was off to a hectic start.
A Passel of Kittens!
     Now, back in May during the Great Lakes Fiber Fest, we had several kittens and two mother cats show up. To make a long story short, we ended up with a total of 11 new kittens and two female adults (who have produced all of said kittens). So far, all except the two littlest kittens have been spayed and neutered and the one mother who is still nursing one of those kittens. We don't know where they came from, but we have taken them in.
     Then, during all of this, mom's cat Annie went missing. Here is a photo of her. If you are local and happen to see her, please contact me. She is sorely missed.

Annie is a small cat but was very filled out. She is a real sweetheart but not likely to be too friendly to strangers. She has been spayed and is about 6 years old. She went missing in August 2012. Please let me know if you have seen her. Mom would really like her home.

   
Rooftops
     Now, in 2011 I lost a lot of shingles off of my roof. So, I decided to change my roofline as long as I had to re-roof. In short, the original contractor I waited for 7 months for, was replaced with a new contractor who did a wonderful job.  I have now had a new metal roof for two weeks and couldn't be happier with the whole thing.
     Now, to just throw out a little buzz for my contractor, I used Diamond Gutters and Windows, who came highly recommended to me by someone I trust. I am so glad it worked out the way it did in the end. Danny and Brad went above and beyond getting this job done quickly. I can't say enough about them. Thank you again, guys!
     Now, that should update you on what I have been doing and why I have not posted in such a long time.  
     I did manage to open an Etsy Store in Nov. though. I will post about that later.
     Well, there you have it. Again, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all good health and happiness in the coming year.
     So, Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year.

~Vickie (and the gang)

4 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to our roof last Sunday. I called the nearest contractor in my location and had them fix the falling shingles on the roof. I called them right away because it could be dangerous for someone outside, and I also wanted to prevent other shingles from falling off as early as possible. Glad yours was already fixed. How is the new roof so far?

    Lakisha Autin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new roof is wonderful! I am so happy with the metal.
      Thanks for visiting. Hope your roof is ok now too!!
      ~Vickie

      Delete
  2. How is your roof now? I hope it’s all finished, Stephanie. I also had my roofing construction the same time as yours and it went great! I had my roof replaced because it was showing some signs of deterioration. I was in charge of supervising everything, and I can see our new roof is sturdy enough to take on bad weather in the future.

    Joanne Barragan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, roof is finished and surviving the winter with flying colors. Glad you managed to get yours fixed as well. The hat is what pulls the whole outfit together isn't it? Also keeps the rain off your head!
      Did you go with metal?
      ~Vickie

      Delete